Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:12:43 +0000
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "brent" <blinklabs@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEEELLLP

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:57:54 -0500
"brent" <blinklabs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> im trying to get freebsd 4.4 running. after about 5 installation
> attempts it installed. each one crashed do to kernel panic. after this
> install worked i tried to put gnome on and it started to put the
> package in, then another kernel panic occured. my hardware is all
> compatiable with bsd, i have a clean drive with only this on it. as a
> side note, mandrake, and slackware wouldnt install either. the hard
> drive is brand new, and i checked it with windows scandisk and defrag.
> any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, im in quite a struggle.

Are you sure the video card is supported?
Have you tried another window manager besides gnome? Maybe kde,
blackbox, anything else. Maybe pull out any other isa/pci cards and do
the install with only the video card, so there will be no chance of
conflicts from other cards. Try to get ahold of another video card, a
differant brand or model, to try.

--
Chip