Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 15:17:50 -0500
From:      Brian Lofton <lofton@okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing freeBSD 2.2.6-release

--------------82666262AE46267A21CB2AF1

howdy,

I am trying to install BSD 2.2.6-release on my 6.4 gig ATA Promise
series hard drive.  I used 'fips' to split my primary partition in two,
because leaving space on an extended partition wasn't cutting it.  When
using a boot disk to start the installation, everything appears to go
smoothly, until the 'fdisk editor' screen comes up, and it is trying to
partition my IDE Zip(wd2), instead of my harddisk.  My primary partition
split is FAT16, if that is the problem, then how do I change it to FAT.

Brian Lofton
lofton_osu@osu.net

--------------82666262AE46267A21CB2AF1

<HTML>
howdy,

<P>I am trying to install BSD 2.2.6-release on my 6.4 gig ATA Promise series
hard drive.&nbsp; I used 'fips' to split my primary partition in two, because
leaving space on an extended partition wasn't cutting it.&nbsp; When using
a boot disk to start the installation, everything appears to go smoothly,
until the 'fdisk editor' screen comes up, and it is trying to partition
my IDE Zip(wd2), instead of my harddisk.&nbsp; My primary partition split
is FAT16, if that is the problem, then how do I change it to FAT.

<P>Brian Lofton
<BR><A HREF="mailto:lofton_osu@osu.net">lofton_osu@osu.net</A>
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>