Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:44:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrea Di Fabio <fabio@cs.odu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE + SCSI

I am trying to install 2.2.5 on a 1G SCSI drive.
I use a aha1542cf and it seems to be working fine.

My primary drive is a 2.3G IDE drive with Win95.
After installing BSD on the SCSI drive I am not able to boot it.

I have tryed everything, I also installed the boot manager with bootinst
on the IDE drive but it always gives me those ?? question marks and does
not seem to read the BSD on the SCSI drive.

I have also tried installing a 50M dos partition on the SCSI before thr
BSD but I get the same problem.

I have tried to install the MBS on the SCSI, I have tried with the
booteasy on the scsi, I have tried no mbs on the scsi, still cannot get
the boot manager to boot from that scsi drive.

Any suggestions ?