Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:25:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spigot still supported?

> Running as root would also solve the permission problem, the device
> should be readable/writeable (rw) by whoever is using it.

I've got "spigot" to appear in the grabbers menu now - thank you!

Erm.  Any quick tips now on seeing if the video is actually working?
:) I have the camera on and the spigot selected, but if I run vic and
then click "transmit", the thing core dumps with a signal 10.  Fun fun! :)

> I suspect the problem is that /usr/local/lib/libspigot.a was not
> installed when you compiled vic.  The config for vic checks for this
> library and if it exists, then it includes the spigot grabber
> code.  Libspigot.a can be installed using /usr/ports/graphics/spigot/.
> Once the library is installed, you will need to reconfig/make vic.

That may have been the case - I cleaned things out here and made them
all from scratch.

> I looked for the tv app in ports, but couldn't find it.  It should

It was always just something up on Amancio's FTP site, I think.  I also
put a copy up on ftp://time.cdrom.com/pub/tv.tar.gz for anyone who's
interested.

- Jordan