Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 09:33:22 +0000
From:      "Ralph Seichter"<r.seichter@isc-inf.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.1 support for Linux binaries - how to?

After using NetBSD for quite a while, I've now freshly set up FreeBSD
2.2.1. One of the reasons for migrating to FreeBSD was the support
for Linux binaries, but now I'm having trouble using this feature.

When the X11 and fvwm2 setup looked ok to me, I installed the 'doom'
package off the distribution CDROM, which added some Linux libs. I
then added an ldconfig entry for the directory /compat/linux/lib, but
doom won't run. Executing doom.sh from an xterm (with bash) results
only in what looks like a dump of parts of 'xdoom' being printed to
the xterm window.

Did I forget something vital for FreeBSD's Linux support? Could my
self-compiled kernel be misconfigured?

Your help is appreciated. If there's a FAQ I missed, please tell me so.

-Ralph-