Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:34:50 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: m4p conversion to mp4?

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On 07/11/05 12:25 PM, Garrett Cooper sat at the `puter and typed:
> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>=20
> >On 07/10/05 08:57 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> > =20
> > <SNIP>
> >
> >TIA
> >Lou
> > =20
> >
> There's always faad2.

Actually, faad2 won't do the job.  The m4p format uses a variant of
the md5 hash algorithm to make it difficult to play this music on
anyone else's system.  It will play on my iPod and my iTunes
installation, but if I give the file to someone else, it won't play.

There's probably a key somewhere in the iTunes DB and installed on the
iPod that helps decode the hash.

I think I'll try jHymn, as suggested by anothe poster.

Thanks.
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
Please send off-list email to:         leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
Key fingerprint =3D C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51  4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

Pollyanna's Educational Constant:
  The hyperactive child is never absent.

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--