Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 15:17:59 -0600
From:      Brett Bump <bbump@mail.enetis.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3300/3305 and 5300/5305 Problems

Hi Peter,

I presume he's running into the same problem I did.  I posted a similar message
the last week of December 99.  Andrew mentioned that I might not be running
the newest code that included AS1000 support (added Dec 1st, 99).  But I've
never been able to boot any code after that date either.  The kernel gets loaded
into memory and then the cpu halts.  The console looks like this:

Entering kernel at 0xfffffc00003245e0...

halted CPU 0

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC = fffffc00004ac70c

Did you have to make a kernel with specific options in order to get FreeBSD
running on your 3300?  If so, what were they?  If not, what was the magic? ;)

I know this has to work, as my machine has run WinNT, Linux and is happily
number crunching setiathome files under NetBSD 1.4.2 right behind me as I
write.