Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:48:12 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Globalscale Dreamplug and 8.3 RELEASE

Hello. :) I'm using FreeBSD 8.3 RELEASE and attempting to get this
running on my dreamplug. I've successfully gotten it to boot off of a
usb stick (after many adventures) but I've run into a problem. It seems
that mge1 is not found (the 2nd ethernet interface).

I really need this to work, so I did some digging on this list but it
seems there's a .dts file needed. FreeBSD 8 doesn't use dts files as far
as I can tell, though I could be horribly wrong there.

Can anyone point me to some patches which would get the 2nd ethernet
interface to work?

As a related question, I'm noting some conversation by various
developers about issues with arm...if there are any patches that
experienced people could point me to that might get arm to work better
for FreeBSD 8.3 that would be great.

Thanks in advance!
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"That's the trouble," said William.  "People doing the
world's work.  Now I believe in letting the world do its own
work.  Noninterference.  No management.  No exhortations.
No demands that other folk be the same as we are.  No
arrogance.  No pushing.  Why is a man born?  To find
himself, not to find others."
                      - Taylor Caldwell, The Sound of Thunder