Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 10:57:54 -0400
From:      Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA-PnP w\o BIOS support?

> One of the hardest things to do right now with the pccard code in
> FreeBSD -current is to figure out what interrupts you have available.

 Amen to that.

 I had an idea for quick little utility to help solve  this.  If  you  could
 walk the hardware interrupt vector list, you could display which interrupts
 had valid drivers waiting to handle them. This would at least display which
 interrupts  were  in  use.  You  could  then decide where to put the pccard
 driver (or any other card that needs a free IRQ).

 The only trouble with my idea is I'm not sure how to get access to the
 hardware vector list.  If someone feels disposed to pointing me in the
 right direction, I would be happy to cut the code, and share the work.

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
www.carroll.com         |