Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.lmsal.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO and CVSup

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Nate Williams wrote:

>> How about creating a "LAPTOP" configuration as part of the stock
>> distribution?  That would help people find what they want, and could probably
>> be made workable on most machines.
>
>I created a 'PCCARD' config file a long time ago (November of last
>year), but the kernel is not built as part of the distribution.  Is it
>that PCCARD is just a bad name?

I think the usual problem is just that there's no PCCARD kernel, so for
certain combinations of h/w people can't use the boot floppy to do an
install over the network.  (I think JDP had this problem, I'm sure a few
others have.)  So ... it might solve some woes to supply a PCCARD boot
floppy.  Of course I say this without fully thinking through how all the
pccard_* stuff in /etc would be handled, haven't had to fiddle with that
stuff for a while.

I would be so bold as to have a look at this in a week or two, once I get
moved back up to Bozeman.  It CAN'T be that hard to do.

Brian