Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:57:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fibre channel HBAs and FreeBSD

Hello.

We plan to expand our storage and due to the high demand on
storage we would like to install a SAN solution based on
Mylex products.

We wish to utilize a 2Gb HBA for PCI-X bus, like LSI/Logic
LSI7202XP-LC (two channel solution) or LSI7402XP-LC (quad
channel solution) or those from QLogic, e.g. SANBlade 2300
series PCI-X HBA.

Does either FreeBSD 4.6.2-pl2 or FreeBSD 4.7 support Fibre
Channel controllers of that brands?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)