Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:11:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@osd.bsdi.com
Cc:        nik@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, tedm@toybox.placo.com, ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

] This is all patently ridiculous, especially given that we know you
] have a previously declared bias in being able to sell some sort of
] installer for money and would clearly wish to kill any "competition"
] for it, no matter how benign it would be to otherwise include it as an
] option (which is all Nik was saying).

You are confusing me with Brett Glass.  Yes, I believe that Brett
should have been permitted to do his thing, and replace the
installer.  I personally would have liked to see a "Soft Updates"
style license, where Brett would sell for a year, and then the
code would revert to a simple BSD license.

] Whether you personally find any merit in sysinstall or not, and I'm
] often among the first to point out its many shortcomings, trying to
] kill it off for business reasons is just as obnoxious and
] Microsoft-ish as trying to kill off, say, RAID support because you
] just so happen to have a proprietary RAID solution you'd prefer users
] to use instead.  Yeesh!  Talk about a complete and total failure to
] get what FreeBSD is all about!  I really have to wonder why you
] continue to hover around the community like a horsefly, year after
] year, without contributing anything but complaints about how things
] should be remoulded in your own image...  It's a crock, Terry, and
] it stinks like a porta-potty in Texas at high noon.

Yeah, pull the other one.

PS: Speaking of RAID I'm the one who provided the patches that
made the user space version of RAIDFrame run on FreeBSD.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.