Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:34:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charlie ROOT <root@alpha.gte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        beth_arnold@hotmail.com, root@radiant-resources.com
Subject:   Xterm won't run: _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect

Hello, I am having problems getting Xterm to run.  When attempting to
start xterm I get the error message "X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't
connect: errno = 2".  Then after saying that a few times it says it can't
open the display.  I am using the display :0.0, but have also tried :0
and `hostname`:0.0.  I have never been able to run Xterm or any Xwindows
applications.  I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2.

Please respond to the email address beth_arnold@hotmail.com or to the list
instead of the address listed as "From".  Thank you