Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:31:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        beng@lcs.mit.edu (Benjamin Greenwald)
Cc:        ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whats is this? FBSD 4.1 isn't stable!

As I recall, Benjamin Greenwald wrote:
> Generally, the system gets more robust the more releases there are
> down a particular branch.  That is one of the reasons some people
> continue to use FreeBSD-3.x ...  they don't yet trust -Stable.

Or, in my case, 2.2.8-STABLE, which is rock solid for what I do.
Bitrot in the ports collection is my only grief, since the ports
collection doesn't make an effort to support the 2.x tree.

If I needed SMP, or some other VM magic, I might change my mind.
But...

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net