Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 18:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request for a new "feature" as regards DDB

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 	I happened to be off of vt0 when it died, with no way to
> switch to vt0 and see what ddb was showing, and since I had to
> cold boot the machine as a result, couldn't even get a core dump :(
>
> 	So...any way of having an auto-switch to vt0 if the system
> crashes with DDB enabled?

While we're talking about DDB, can't we have it timeout in 30s if you
don't hit a key (and then generate a core dump).

What about making DDB a LKM also?  Whenever I find myself using DDB, I
know that the system is going to panic, not everyone needs DDB loaded at
all times (and rebuilding kernels is such a pain).

Sujal