Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:30:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD quest <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dependencies after port tree update

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I wonder how to set a variable to automatically "answer" ok.
> In this case it might be interesting to check all configurations.

I use this in /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc:

# Do not create temporary backup packages before pkg_delete (-B)
NO_BACKUP=Bopt
# Never search for stale distfiles to delete (-D)
DONT_SCRUB_DISTFILES=Dopt
# Suppress the build confirmation message (--no-confirm)
PM_NO_CONFIRM=pm_no_confirm

> If I finished this step, will then automatically everything be recompiled and
> reinstalled?

Yes.  Unless it errors out, in which case portmaster will list the ports
remaining to rebuilt.  Then you can fix the problem and continue.