Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:56:16 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Hugh Clark <clarkhu@agcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.2 fxp0 driver needed.

Hugh Clark wrote:
> We cannot upgrade to a
> newer version as of yet because the software we are running written for
> 2.2.2.

Are you sure the software your using is _that_ specific? - Generally the 2.2.X
branch releases are inter-compatible... (puts foot in it :)

>  Are there any upgrades to the fxp0 driver that will work with
> 2.2.2 with little or no modifications?  Did 2.2.2-STABLE have a driver
> compatible with this card's PHY chip and if so, is there anywhere I can
> still find that version?  Any help would be appreciated.

You may have some luck back-porting the driver, though it may be easier to get
a definitive answer on the 'can't upgrade' situation...

Why can't you upgrade? (Ask the authors/vendors) etc?

-Kp