Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:37:20 +0100
From:      Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>
To:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.5R build problems

Hi,

I have problems to build picobsd on 4.5R.

the picobsd-script in the build-directory doesn't work correctly.

I can't set any value with the dialog. If I choose a type then after
choosing it the value is lost.
I debugged It and found that it works if I remove the () from the dialog

main_dialog()
case ${ans} in
    T)
# (dialog --menu "Setup the type of configuration" 12 70 5 $l \
#               2> ${c_reply} && set_type "`cat ${c_reply}`" ${SITE} )
|| true
^^^^ ^^doesn't work

dialog --menu "Setup the type of configuration" 12 70 5 $l \
                2> ${c_reply} && set_type "`cat ${c_reply}`" ${SITE}

^^^^works

It seems that the () produce implicit a subshell, because in the
set_type-function the values are correct set and after leaving this
function the values are lost.

bye,