Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:49:35 +0200
From:      Darko Kalevski <darko@mol.com.mk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp install doesn't work

 > i'm trying to do a ftp install of FreeBSD 4 from the freebsd server.
 > I'm using the floppies method. The problem is the computer can't
 > contact the
 > server to do the downloads. The network card is working - I can ping
 > from a linux machine. My connection to the Internet is ok. I'm sure
 > I've configured the gateway, nameserver entries ok.
 >
 > Can anybody offer tips, how to go about debugging the problem?

is it a local ftp server, within your network?
go to options, before selecting ftp, in the same menu, type
for freebsd version 'any'... and eventually change the username from
'ftp' to 'anonymous' (though this should not be an issue). if its not a
local ftp server then i cant help it from here...which server you are
trying to contact for installation if its not a local ftp server?

Darko