Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 18:22:31 -0300 (BRT)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is wi with problems in RELENG_4_5?

There is another impotant point, when that card is frozen we try to
restart using:

pccardc power 0 0

and

pccardc power 0 1

The card is turned off and turned on withou problems and using
wicontrol -i wi0 there is signal like:

Comms quality/signal/noise:             [ 39 90 51 ]

but any bit is sent or received.

If we reomve the pccard from slot and put it again, it's detected and
using wicontrol -i wi0 we can find signal but it doesn't send or receive
any bit.

Only rebooting (WITHOUT turn off that machine) all returns to work fine.

We are thinking there is a problem related with software because only
after reboot that card returns to work fine (without turn off the
machine).

Thanks,
Paulo.

--