Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:48:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@mail.ru>
To:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Manfred Antar <null@pozo.com>
Subject:   Re: netpbm broken on current crtn.o new binutils ?

I did not test this myself, but adding -lz to the LFDLAGS in pnmtopng linking
command or removing bogus empty -L before existing -lz switch
might help to work around the problem. The bug is triggered by the code in ld
which tries to determine what other shared libraries binary should depend on in
addition to ones specified on the linker command line. If one specifies all the
libraries explicitly on whe command line when linking a binary, the buggy code
section should be skipped and the problem should disappear.

E-Mail: Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@mail.ru>