Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jims@innerdot.com (Jim Spring)
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk1.4 plugin

Thanks to the recent patchset, jdk1.4 built cleanly and for most
purposes is working well for me.

The one thing I have not had any luck with is using the plugin.
I'm running 5.1-Current (as of about a week ago).  I've set the
plugin up per the FAQ on mozilla (ie, make the softlink).  I am
using:

/usr/local/jdk1.4.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so

When I startup Firebird, it still is giving an error that it can't
find shared objects.  The first is libdl.so.2, which appears to
live in /usr/compat/linux/lib.  Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include this, I am then prompted for libgcc_s.so.1.

Is this expected?  Or am I being braindead and missing something?
Any thoughts on correcting this?

Thanks
-jim