Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 09:14:34 -0800
From:      Ron Rosson <insane@oneinsane.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        brian@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp logging to file

I am having a hard time getting ppp to log to its ppp.log file
here is my
syslog.conf entry:
!ppp
*.*						/var/log/ppp.log

Here is my ppp.conf entry:
default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set server 3000
 set log carrier link phase command connect tun warning error alert LCP IPCP CCP chat
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 disoble vjcomp
 deny vjcomp
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-ATS27=32-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

wnd last but not least this what the properties of ppp.log look like
-rw-r--r--  1 root  bin  0 Jan  6 07:15 /var/log/ppp.log

Any help on getting this to log would be greatly appreciated.
I know that my logging options might be excessive but I am just
trying to get it to log.
TIA
Ron

Ron Rosson              ... and a UNIX user said ...
rlr@n2.net                        rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      and all was null and void