Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 18:43:20 +0000
From:      Sandy Kovshov <sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Marat M. Khairullin" <xmm@ugai.kcn.ru>, hardware@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How can i run Eicon X.25 card with FreeBSD?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Uh, Sandy, there was no way anyway since we don't have any *drivers*
> for the EICON X.25 card!  The CCITT code is the least of Marat's
> worries (and I just happen to be familiar with this card, having a
> friend who worked for EICON - it's a bear to program!).

 Really. I think you must look at
 FreeBSD-current/src/share/doc/iso/wisc/eicon.nr
 I hope, that is true, what is written in this document and
 driver for EICON really exist. But it's really difficult to use
 it without support in kernel ;)

> Bringing CCITT back would be fairly easy, if someone had the urge.
> Writing an X.25 driver for the card would be the hard part.  If you're
> going to point fingers, at least make sure you point them in the right
> direction! :-)

 I hope that was right direction. :) I'll cut my fingers if it was not.
 :)

--
---
Sandy