Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 2008 13:38:54 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: deflate and gzip support for libfetch over http

Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de> writes:
> I hacked together deflate support for the http part of libfetch. Next
> on my todo list is proper error handling, gzip support, code clean up
> and general code clean up in http.c (in order of priority).

I think the libfetch API has been stretched to its limit, or close to
it, and that it should be redesigned from scratch.  That said, I don't
see any harm in adding deflate / gzip support, but it has to be done in
a way that supports transfers that are chunked *and* compressed.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no