Date:      Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: reliable "panic: isa_dmastart: bad bounce buffer"

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Whenever I try to mount a floppy disk:
>
> 	 mount -t msdosfs /dev/fd0 /mnt
>
> I get:
>
> 	panic: isa_dmastart: bad bounce buffer
>
> The OS is FreeBSD-5.4-STABLE from last night, amd64. dmesg attached.

Probably related to:

fdc0: <floppy drive controller (FDE)> port 0x3f7,0x3f0-0x3f5 irq 6 drq 2
on acpi0
isa_dmainit(2, 40960) failed
fd0: <1440-KB 3.5" drive> on fdc0 drive 0

That message is printed by isa_dmainit() in src/sys/amd64/isa/isa_dma.c.
You might instrument that function and see where its blowing up.  I
suspect its getting the buffer from malloc() but the range check below it
fails.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org