Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:40:34 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        aard@aard.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.1.0_4 still broken?

What I am asking for probably already exists but it was more to state that
when you get a certain application to successfully install on a release or
STABLE platform if it could be documented somewhere.

Most of the time we install applications or hardware but don't always list
how we fixed an issue when we got something to work that didn't work
normally or install software that hit a quirk or two.

Let's just say I own a Dell Inspiron 7000 and I was clean installing FreeBSD
4.3R on it. if I install the software successfully I can document that
somewhere or describe the issues I have and whether I could resolve them or
not. I could also do that for major software applications. That way anyone
with a problem installing applications or the OS can use the knowledgebase
to find issues with using FreeBsd 4.3R on a Inspiron 7000.

Like I said, it probably exists somewhere officially or on someone's
website. Mostof the time I find outdated information on benchmarks and
installation tips so I was just bringing it up.

Ken