Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:22:32 -0400
From:      Adam Davis <adavis@baladyne.com>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wishlist for FreeBSD

As far as the modem recieving at a faster rate than 56Kbps would allow-
56Kbps is the physical recieving speed of that modem, and does not take into
account compression that is happening inside the senders modem, and the
decompression that is occuring in your modem.  Your computer will see more
data throughput for uncompressed files(txt, for example) than for compressed
files(zip, tgz etc)  because both modems compress data w/o user intervention..

-Adam Davis
adavis@baladyne.com