Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 17:35:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      hm@ernie.altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Quantum hardware errors (Deferred Error: HARDWARE FAILURE asc:87,0)

>From the keyboard of Ollivier Robert:

> > And in that same manual some place you should find a jumper setting
> > that puts the drive into either SCSI-I/CCS mode or SCSI-II mode.  I
> > suggest the person with this drive running it on a FreeBSD system
> > change that jumper!!!
>
> What is that jumper and where is it ??

I've seen this jumper only on "newer drives", my 2112 does not have one but
the command set is switchable by a SCSI "Change Definition" command to
SCSI-I, CCS, and SCSI-II.

Call the nearest Micropolis office for docs, they were always very helpful.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?