Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:48:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux module broken also with patch

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Glenn Johnson wrote:

Hello Glenn.

Well, I did this yesterday evening as you described it here, but
without any success. I figured out that each machine it works not
on is configured WITHOUT vlan, those which works, especially the mentioned
Dell system with xl0 NIC/interface has vlan enabled ... maybe there is a
problem in vlan is on or off but I never read that vlan MUST be enabled
to put the code into working properly ...

I'll try out now whether enabling vlan will help or not ...