Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:23:26 +0200
From:      Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I try to change atapi_dma to "1" but it doesn't work (It was "Re:    ATI Radeon IGP 340M")

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 09:11, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > I've tried both atapi_dma="1" in "loader.conf" and "atacontrol mode 1
> > udma100 XXX" but when I attempt to access the device, it hangs up.
>
> The same thing happens to me, unfortunately...
>
> Actually, that shouldn't be surprising; I compared dmesgs, and it looks
> like we have the same IDE controller and DVD/CD-RW drive; is this a
> Compaq/HP laptop?
>
> Soren (the ata driver guy) might be able to debug the problem, but I
> haven't taken the time to bother him about it.
>
> Unless you can get him to look at it, you're stuck for now. :)
>
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

Yeah my laptop is HP (at least on the screen it shows HP) and
on the keyboard it shows "compaq nx9010". I'm not sure if this is
an HP or Compaq.... :D

I think I will remain happily stuck. This doesn't seem to be an important
issue as long as I can watch DVDs on windows....*sigh*.

Thank you Mike ! :)

--
JFRH