Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:37:55 +0200
From:      Reinhold Huber <rhuber@fs.tum.de>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   HARDWARE.TXT and AVM A1 PCI

Hello,

Section 3.6, ISDN Interfaces, of the file HARDWARE.TXT in the distribution
root directory mentions the AVM Fritz!Card PCI as a supported ISDN card.
This might not be true for the new hardware revision AVM now sells,
which is called Fritz!PCI V. 2.0. I have one of those, it is not supported
by FreeBSD 4.3, and mails by Hellmuth Michaelis, hm@hcs.de, who develops
i4b, made me wonder if this version is supported by 4.4. In any case,
it would be perfect if the supported hardware list made clear whether
only the old version (by adding "not v.2.0" or similar), or both versions
(e.g. by adding "v 2.0 too") is/are supported.

Apart from this, the Hardware List and all other parts of FreeBSD
documentation was an important and  reliable source of information for me
since 1995.

Best wishes,
Reinhold Huber