Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 07:28:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Ferruccio Vitale <freebsd@cs.tin.it>, O Senhor <osenhor@uol.com.br>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie needs help!!!!!

--- Ferruccio Vitale <freebsd@cs.tin.it> wrote:
> Ok, I've already read those pages, real useful to start.
> Now I've my module, which creates dynamic sysctl and so on; now I need to
> monitor the existence of another process and I tough at kqueue/kevent
> method. But are these functions for userland process, aren't they? How
> could I do the same in kernel land?

Try the kevent(2) manual page.  It has some good amount of information.  I
am including some more pointers for you.  Hope they are useful.  Thanks.

http://www.madison-gurkha.com/publications/kqueue/
http://people.freebsd.org/~jlemon/kqueue_slides/

As a bonus, and example of how  use the kqueue(2)/kevent(2) API:
http://www.monkeys.com/freeware/kqueue-echo.c

Have fun.  Hope this helps.
Regards.

  -- Hiten