Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:08:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java-1.1.7 problem on 3.0-CURRENT

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> The library is in the path settings.  X-Windows is running fine and it uses
> it.  However, the library is in /usr/X11R6/lib and ldconfig_paths includes
> that directory.  I did not build the a.out versions of the libraries, should
> I?

Quite possibly, below is clipped from a recent announcement from Nate
Williams.

<clip>
Work still to be done (in progress):
1) JDK for 3.0/ELF (a.out will continue to be supported)
2) JDK1.2 for both a.out/ELF
3) Dynamic file-descriptor fixes so that we can use any number of
   file-descriptors, since the OS supports this.
</clip>

A follow up to -java might be advised.

--
                                                  Regards,