Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:16:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: gcc

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu wrote:

> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:08:14 -0500
> From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>
>
> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> says:
> : On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
> :
> : > Your argument about CS students needing the better compiler was true,
> : > but totally ignored the fact that getting the CS students their compiler
> : > IS NOT the top priority, especially since ports can do it (did for me).
> :
> : Ummmm, you mis-quoted.  I agree with your above, and my statement had to
> : do with an inability of FreeBSD to run on the hardware that we have (IBM
> : thinkpad laptops) then anything software related (other then
> : kernel/driver)...
>
> I think I take offense to this statement.  I've been running FreeBSD on
> various models of StinkPads for the past two+ years.  The combo works
> (mostly) like a charm too.

Hmmm, Jerry's taking offense at a remark sent to me, in reply to a
remark that I incorrectly attributed to the wrong person.  Honey, where
did I leave my motion-sickness pills?

The topic's been covered (slimed?) by now, so let's move this to chat
(see my redirection).

>        --Jerry
>
> 8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
> 8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
> 8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).