Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 00:20:26 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        searle@longacre.demon.co.uk, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need newer qt lib version for netscape-qt update

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 03:26:07PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * Ok. Currently I have a ready to commit libqt 1.33, which should
>  * be a stable version. Should we do a repository copy with it
>  * or simply bump the (-stable) 1.31 port ? What do you think ?
>
> If you think it's stable and compatible enough with the current port,
> just overwrite it.

Ok.

>  * The next round would be a rep copy for 1.39-snap or 1.40-snap ?
>
> Yeah, I guess so.  Then you commit it over the rep-copied port, we
> wait for it to become "stable" enough, and then delete the old qt
> port.  (Assuming there aren't any compatibility issues, of course.)

I have the 1.39 snap port ready, but nethack-qt doesn't compile :-/

Well, we'll have perhaps to wait for another snap or a stable release
for that. Somebody who needs a SNAP or should we
bump 1.31 to 1.33 and wait for 1.39 or 1.40 ?

> By the way, are you (or anyone else) working on a mozilla-qt port?

No, sorry.

> I think it will be really great to have a non-Motif version of netscape
> (I hear it's smaller too).

Hmm, interesting ! More interesting, since it doesn't compile
with our lesstif version ... the mozilla port wants a static
motif lib to build, which we don't have with lesstif ...

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?