Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:57:38 +0200
From:      Toni Schmidbauer <toni@stderror.at>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with running FWTK on FreeBSD 5.1

--da4uJneut+ArUgXk

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 02:47:44PM +1000, Imran Ahmad wrote:
> I am running FreeBSD 5.1 on i386. I have compiled FWTK successfully and a=
lso most of the application under FWTK are runnig fine.
> I have few ports configure to use "plug-gw". I have defined these ports i=
nto Services file and inetd.conf and inetd is running with out any option.
> But every time my users try to access "plug-gw" defined service, system i=
s generating the following error
> =20
> plug-gw[5235]: fwtkcfgerr: cannot decode datastream as port=20

fwtk is a little bit outdated, i would recommend using xinetd:
(/usr/ports/security/xinetd)

service example
{
        disable =3D no
        socket_type =3D stream
        wait =3D no
        user =3D root
        bind =3D <your ip>
        redirect =3D <destination ip> <port>
}

or natd:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-April/004284.html

hth,
toni
--=20
Kann man etwas nicht verstehen, dann urteile man | toni at stderror dot at=
=20
lieber gar nicht, als dass man verurteile.       | Toni Schmidbauer
-- Rudolf Steiner                                |=20

--da4uJneut+ArUgXk

--da4uJneut+ArUgXk--