Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:48:14 +1000
From:      Carl.Makin@ipaustralia.gov.au
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Starting point for CTM

> At 09:26 18/09/98 +1000, Gregory Bond wrote:

>> Judging from the advice I received, there is not a lot of interest in
CTM or
>> fixing the baseline generation and everyone recommended I use cvsup.  I
did
>> manage to get cvsup working through the firewall which was my main
problem.

Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org> replied:

> That seems like a really big shame. I was hoping to use the CTM system to
keep
> a standalone system up to date with -stable. While having the delta's
e-mailed
> to me and then put on disk and taken to that machine.

We're using CTM to keep up with stable, current and the CVS tree here.  I
run a mirror job nightly to suck down the new stuff and automatically
expand it into an example directory here so it's available to look at.

I can't cvsup thru the firewall the getting the updates by mail was a pain.
This is *much* easier.  I'd be upset if it went away.

Carl.