Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 20:02:09 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JWS 2.0 works in FreeBSD 8)

At 17:42 3/28/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Amancio Hasty writes:
>> JWS, Sun's Java Workshop Shop -- IDE for Java.
>
>Cool.  Thanks for tracking this down and getting it to work.
>

>> NOTE: The debugger does not work due to JWS
>
>If it's any consolation, I haven't found any 'working' debugger that
>actually works in Java. :)

Then check out the Jikes Java debugger written by IBM mentioned by Tony
Kimball in a message on this list dated 11 Feb 98.  I've successfully used
it with FreeBSD 2.2.2, 2.2.5-stable, and 2.2.6-beta, I've yet to use it w/
2.2.6-stable.  This was also w/ XFree86 3.2, 3.3.1, and 3.3.2.  I've found
it to be useful for the projects I do my Java work in (thus far they are
all for my college CS courses).

In case you are interested in looking at it, go to
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com and just search for "Jikes Debugger".

>Nate

John Baldwin
-- jobaldwi@vt.edu -- jbaldwin@freedomnet.com --
 ---- http://www.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/ ----
"I believe He paid the price/A sacrafice so we could be together/Forever."
- PFR