Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 2020 12:18:44 -0500
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Changes To nat-ing Behaviour?

I recently upgraded a FBSD 11.3 machine to -STABLE as of a few weeks ago.

This machine acts as a firewall and nats between the outside world
and an internal nonroutable network.

Configuration is stable and has not changed in years.

Today I noted that speeds on the LAN side are about half of what is available
going out to the internet.

I eliminated cables, interfaces, and switches and confirmed that - even if
I plug a machine directly into the FBSD nat box, I get half the speed that
box gets out to the net.

I'm at a loss since I've changed nothing in the config.

Ideas would be most appreciated.

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com