Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:08:58 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <tim@iafrica.com.na>, "Jean M. Vandette" <vandj@securenet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Vlan device in FreeBSD 4.2

Would you also call it a bug when your box hangs at boot because you have
/usr/local before /usr in /etc/fstab ?

Vlan is akin to a sub interface.  You gotta bring up the parent before you
bring up the child.  Perhaps ifconfig could have code added to it to check
this and spit out an error message: "hey idiot, you gotta configure the real
interface before the virtual one."

-Troy