Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 97 17:38:09 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Tom" <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable List" <FreeBSD-Stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why no snaps after 12/7?

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 17:26:36 -0800 (PST), Tom wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Studded wrote:
>
>> 	Just curious as to why there are no -Stable snapshots on
>> current.freebsd.org after the one on 12/7. I was planning to tell my
>> peoples to upgrade to today's snapshot (in spite of the warnings still
>> generated by the f00f fix, *grumble*) because I've tested "make world"
>> with the sources I cvsup'ed, but there isn't one. :)
>
>  Why would -stable snapshots be on current snapshot server?

	Because current.freebsd.org and releng22.freebsd.org are the same
machine. I just think "current.freebsd.org" sounds snappier. :)

>  Also, perhaps you should allow your people to NFS mount /usr/src and
>/usr/obj from your server, so they can just installworld over top their
>existing system.

	Hmmm, interesting idea, except that I help run an IRC network, and
we have machines all over the world on about 30 different physical
networks. :)

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,297 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***