Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:24:33 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current hangs during boot

leifn> My hangs at loading ldconf. I can continue with ^C.

Are you using MFS ? I suppose you are not.

I've found that:

- if /etc/fstab has 'mfs' line, system stops during mounting
  filesystem. Interrupting with CTRL-C works (and system goes to
  single user mode).

- if /etc/fstab does not have 'mfs' line, system stops during ldconfig.
  Also interruptable. System is working (you can login from console),
  but something goes wrong (network interface doesn't work).

Your case is the latter one, and previous email you have mentioned is
the former one.

I can reproduce both cases with a -current box cvsuped two days before.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA