Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:04:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Jeff <jeffh@Cybernetics.NET>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.mt.net>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: MBONE interfaces and snazzy install tools.

> What version of perl will ship with 2.1?  If it is version 5, then I will
> port Pearl Vision over to FreeBSD, which is a pretty slick pearl
> extension that puts dialog to shame (IMHO).

Sorry, version 4.036.  When Perl 5 leaves BETA test status, then it
will perhaps enter our tree under some different name.  This isn't to say
that you can't still make PerlVision a port..

> Dialog is cool, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

Well, it's what we've got, so..  If you can offer a better alternative
that fits onto a boot floppy, I'm all ears! :-)

> One thing that I think would be ultimately cool is a progress bar for the
> package installations.  Maybe by hacking some of the common tools it

That's already in the Linux version of dialog and Andrew Chernov stated
some time back that he'd be bringing it over.  I don't know what the status
of that is.  Andrew?

					Jordan