Date:      	Wed, 7 Jun 1995 09:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does mmap() work correctly?

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> >   I've been having the dreading "erorr writing symlinked article" from
> > INN on FreeBSD from 5-25.  I zapped all symlinked articles, did a
> > makeactive, and makehistory, but it happened again this morning.  Does
> > mmap() work correctly?  (I never saw anything in the commit list that
>
> I've been running INN with MMAP enabled since 4/15 (the day it was fixed)
> and got no problem. I confess that I'm not a Internet connected site
> (UUCP and laptop-by-ethernet feeds).

  Well, I've received the above error three times.  After the first
time, I renumbered the active file, and rebuilt the history file
(makehistory -buv).  After the second time, I removed all symlinked
articles, rebuilt the active file (makeactive -mo), and rebuilt the
history files.  But it still happened again.

  I have since re-compiled without mmap() and system has successfully
handled about 65,000 articles with out a problem, which is better than
before.  There is a backlog of about 80,000 articles that is being feed
to it now, so I'll see how that goes.

Tom