Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:40:58 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        isdn@muc.ditec.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bisdn

garyj@frt.dec.com wrote:

> Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk writes:
> > > Is someone working on porting bisdn (the Teles ISDN card driver) and
> > > the PPP-support to 2.2? I started on it, but ran into some trouble
> > > (like, the kernel will compile, but won't link) and I don't want to
> > > re-invent the wheel.
> >
> > BISDN itself already applies without problems to FreeBSD-2.2, apart from
> > /sys/conf/files where the patch fails but is obvious how to fix.
> >
> > For the PPP stuff, see http://www.arg1.demon.co.uk/ for a compilation
> > of the work by Stefan Grefen and Gary Jennejohn, which I have
> > organized to apply cleanly to FreeBSD-2.2.

I have completed my BSD networking framework.
it is in some ways in teh same ecological niche as STREAMS

I'd like to show it to some of the ISDN crew to see
if it is of any use tho them

it mad my frame relay stuff a snap,
and now pacbell are offering Frame over ISDN B channel.
I want to be able to get some ISDN experience with the framework..

for a white-paper, send email.

stefan.. this is an evolutionary leap forward from what we were
describing before..

I'd like your comments.

Archie (our ppp guru (wrote the multilink ppp daemon))
is writing a PPP module for it as we speak..