Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:09:28 +0300
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
Subject:   Re: Very low disk performance Highpoint 1820a

Eric Anderson wrote:

> I'm using fiber channel SATA, and I get 2x write as I do read, which
> doesn't make sense to me.  What kind of write speeds do you get?  My
> tiny brain tells me that reads should be faster than writes with a RAID5.

I'm seeing similar sequential performance on RELENG_5_3 and RELENG_5_4
on dual-Xeons using 3ware controllers so it does not seem to be a driver
issue but somewhere else in the architechture. Depending on the array
configuration, 40-60MB/s reads and 100-160MB/s writes. The write
performance is as expected but the read performance should be above the
write performance.

Pete