Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 07:49:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
Cc:        Aled Morris <aledm@routers.co.uk>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bovine

Bovine is an effort of amatuer users to crack the RSA challenge of 56bit
RC5 encryption.  Our goal is to prove to Congress and anyone else, that
56bit encryption is not sufficient for commerce/personal use.  We need to
be allowed to use 128bit+.

DES 56bit encryption has already fallen.

The effort uses the spare cycles on your system to crack the code.  There
are client software for nearly all OS's and they spend their time hacking
away at the code.

Full details and clients can be gotten from http://rc5.distributed.net

I've been running the client on about 15 computers for 4 months.

Patrick

E-Mail: Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Date: 05-Sep-97
Time: 07:49:55