Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:25:21 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        "Frank J. Laszlo" <laszlof@tvog.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using the ports dev structure for individual projects....

Hi there,

We're taking the angle of a top-level makefile right now - to call the
individual builds to the ports we require, then an install, then a "make
package" (possibly via direct pkg_create).

This is for a project that requires some control over versioning - I
wanted to exploit the development environment provided by the ports
structure, and not have to reinvent the wheel, necessarily....

Thanks!