Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:10:11 GMT
From:      David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/151923: [patch] java/openjdk6: free and native openjdk bootstrap

The following reply was made to PR ports/151923; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To: Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:43:21 +0100

 I made this like pkgsrc does, pkg_add -r openjdk6 pulls some
 dependencies, I agree with you pkg_add'ing the prebuilt package is
 possible but some people don't like this.

 If you run -current or -stable packages could be outdated too, here
 using a bootstrap will build depends from ports and openjdk from ports
 without any binaries and without any non-free binaries.

 --
 Demelier David